Un Lys (Serge Lutens)

Well, here we are at the end of SergeFest, and not a moment too soon. Thirty-one days to review 17 fragrances, all by a single perfume house... what in the name of hell was I thinking?  Talk about March Madness...  Soccorri, Maddalena!

Christ, I'm beat.  Even last year's Guerlainapalooza, launched in the record-breaking heat of August, didn't seem nearly as taxing. Granted, I had only thirteen fragrances lined up for Guerlainapalooza... but still. At least six months will have to pass before I attempt another lunatic feat like this one.  I might do a brand-name week here or a nose-specific week there.... but another month-long marathon? Fageddaboutit.

I'm only too glad to break my journey with Un Lys: a simpler scent there never was. No mythic symbolism, no psychological tension, no novellas-told-through-scent. Just lilies... lots and lots of lilies. They smell nice. God! It's so great to say just that, and nothing more!

Well, maybe a little more.

Thank you, all of you, from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me through SergeFest. We had some laughs, didn't we? Yeah.... good times, good times. But now I'm going to go back to spraying on whatever perfume my hand happens to touch, posting reviews purely at whim without any thought of sticking to a theme or meeting a deadline or achieving a goal... at least until September 2011, when I launch SergeFest 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Awwwwwwyeah.

Scent Elements: Lily, green notes, vanilla, musk