Le Troisième Homme (Caron)

Expecting to be knocked on my keester by sheer awesomeness after everything I've read, I am saddened to find 'The Third Man' to be... well, second-rate. It's an anisic fougère like Jicky with fruity-musky notes like Feminitè du Bois, and since I gave both of those fragrances five stars apiece, you'd think that their love child would also score big in my book. But after Guerlainapalooza and SergeFest, I guess my nose is plumb tuckered out.

It's not that Le Troisième Homme is a total disappointment; of course my sample won't go to waste. But I just can't see the cause of all the hyperbole. Nice is nice, no more and no less.

Scent Elements: Bergamot, lavender, rosemary, anise, geranium, jasmine, rose, galbanum, carnation, cedar, patchouli, oakmoss, amber, musk, tonka bean, vanilla