Pure White Linen (Estée Lauder)

Having been woefully sick this past week, I've been struggling with brain-fog-fueled feelings of disarray extending into nearly every arena of my daily life. My appearance: lank and lifeless. My diet: uniformly beige (yogurt, strained chicken broth, brown rice, and buttermilk). House clutter: fast piling up around my feet. Panic: rising.

Yesterday a doctor read me the riot act, declaring that if I would just stay in bed for one blessed day like any person with half a brain, I might find the strength to surmount all of this and more. I admit I do not quite understand her logic. How on earth am I supposed to get all this laundry done from bed?

Answer: Estée Lauder's Pure White Linen. Spray it on, close your eyes, and your entire world undergoes a fabulous refurbishment complete with masses of sparkling soapsuds towering like cumulonimbus clouds on all compass points. The stalest sickroom air gets treated to fluffy tumble in a big, shiny chrome front-load laundry drier that's been stuffed full of flower petals to cushion all the bumps. (Note: the location of this drier is in HEAVEN.) You come out galloping, full of energy, willing (if not quite yet ready) to be well again. God Him/Herself shakes you out and folds you up, getting all your corners lined up just right.

So while I may not be able to effect total change around me at present, I myself feel subtly changed already, thanks to Pure White Linen. Healing is set to happen from the molecules up.

Scent Elements: Grapefruit, mandarin, "iced rose tea", raspberry, pear, apple, greens, lily, freesia, heliotrope, tulip, rose absolute, honeysuckle, gardenia, tuberose, jasmine, iris, osmanthus, ginger, cardamom, white cedarwood, patchouli