Tea for Two (L'Artisan)

(A friendly conversation between two friends over cups of tea.)

Don't you think you came down a little hard on Thé Pour un Été?

Well, I hated it.

Did you give it a chance?

I wore it several times, if that's what you're asking. Could you pass the honey, please?

Sure. (Does so) Is there any possibility that you were working from a bad sample? You did say it had been sitting around for a while.

I don't know. (Squeezes, stirs) It was one of a set of ten L'Artisans, all stored together under the same conditions. The rest are just fine.

But what if it was decanted from a bottle that had gone off?

Oh, I doubt it. I've used that source for a long time and never had a bad sample from them. Anyway, I'm sure they keep their collection refrigerated to within an inch of its life. (Sips, swallows) I just didn't like the perfume, that's all.

But others do. A LOT of others. Fifteen years and thousands of consumers can't be wrong.

Just me, I suppose.

(lowers eyes significantly over teacup)

Oh, now wait a minute. So if a lot of people like something, but it doesn't work for me, I'm wrong? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Consider the possibility, that's all I'm saying.

(considers the possibility) Well, a lot of people like crystal meth--

(laughing) That's NOT the same thing and you know it!

Okay, okay, okay. But look at this. (Rummages in purse, pulls out Tea for Two and places it on the table) Four years after Thé Pour un Été, same house, same perfumer, same pivotal note. Different perfume. BETTER perfume.

(recognizing) Oh, I have this at home. I love this.

What do you love about it?

Well, it's spicy. Comforting. It makes me think of wintertime, all nasty sleet and slippery ice outside while indoors you're safe and sound and WARM--

That big bite of gingerroot at the beginning, right? Like FIRE.

Mmmm, yes.

And the tea. A totally different feel from the tea in Thé Pour un Été, and not just because it's smoked black instead of acid green, or spiced up instead of iced down. You see? It's tempered differently. More balanced, more figured out. It's like when you listen to someone sing and then you don't see them for awhile, and then you hear them sing again, and it's not that they've had voice lessons in the meantime-- it's that there's more of them in the sound. And more so every time after that. You don't have to guess. You know. For me, that's the difference between Tea for Two and Thé Pour un Été. Go home and put one on each arm and tell me what you think.

I can't. I don't have any Thé Pour un Été at home.

You don't--

(The two stare at each other for a long moment, then start to laugh)

Scent Elements: Bergamot, ginger, star anise, cinnamon, tea, spices, honey, vanilla