Braaaaaaaaains!

Folks, I feel like a zombie today. Three hours of sleep and half a dozen looming deadlines make Meg a dull girl; I think I wore perfume of SOME sort today, but for the life of me, I can't exactly remember what it was. Have I lost my head somewhere? It's possible... so let's ask my spouse instead what's on the fragrant menu. His reply: Zombie For Him by Demeter Fragrance Library!

Anyone who knows my husband is aware of his all-consuming fascination with "walkers", as they're called on The Walking Dead, AMC's controversial TV drama based on the acclaimed zombie-apocalypse graphic novel series. We own them all (hardbound, even!) as well as scads of other books on that literally deathless subject; we consult them regularly on Sunday nights when new episodes of TWD air. To cover all the other nights of the week, we keep our DVD racks filled with more zom-dramas, zom-coms, romzomcoms and Rob Zombie dramedies than you can shake a stick at. Wherever the undead inhabit Pop Culture, we're there. Which is why I jumped for joy when I saw Robin's announcement of the Demeter limited edition fragrance on NowSmellThis. Ka-CHING!

What does Zombie for Him smell like? Petrichor, people! The notes pretty much translate to that thrilling scent of cold, moist earth that rises up directly after a rain. "Think forest floor," Demeter suggests, and they mean it-- there's a pine needle thing going on in here that makes a happy camper out of me, zompocalypse or no! Plus, you know how I love basements. Zombie for Him definitely smells like one, with a damp concrete floor and many hidden secrets.

But does it smell like ZOMBIES? I don't think so. A true undead fragrance would have to possess more of a definite fear factor; for me, that means one thing and one thing only: L'Artisan Patchouli Patch. When that smell hits me... I know the undead have caught up with us.

Scent Elements: Dried leaves, mushrooms, mildew, moss, earth (and maybe some spruce needles).