Iris Nobile Eau de Parfum (Acqua di Parma)

If this is the first time anyone's thought to introduce iris to anise, all I can say is Che bella! And if there is such a quality in perfume as essere Italiani, Iris Nobile has got it in abbondanza. In fact, upon first application, my first thought was of Vicolo Fiori, an fifteen-year-old composition by an entirely different perfume house-- Italian, of course. I could say that Iris Nobile is derivative of the ideas and emotions expressed in Etro's splendid older fragrance, but the spirit of sunny Italy calls forth only benevolence from me today. This rich, buttery floral with a licorice twist is uncharacteristically optimistic for an iris perfume, and who am I to complain? Breathing in this beauty, I want only to smile, accelerate my Vespa into the traffic circumnavigating the Coliseum, and murmur, "Eccezionale."

Scent Elements: Bergamot, tangerine, iris, star anise, ylang ylang, oakmoss, vanilla, amber crystals, patchouli.