Tatiana (Diane von Furstenberg)

Well, color me confused. In trying to research the scent notes for this vintage baby, I've found worrying differences of opinion as to what really predominates its contents. Some say jasmine and narcissus; others say blackcurrant and basil. I smell bananas, tuberose, and sandalwood.

Is Tatiana a trickster? Maybe so.

When I put all contradictory accounts together, the three notes everyone seems to agree on are gardenia, orange blossom, and tuberose-- all of which match the tropical languor radiating from my wrist. I swear to god there's also some creamy ylang-ylang generating delectable banana-jam sweetness, but I can't really be certain. What I do know is this: a) I love the Serge Mansau bottle design, with its retrofabulous 1980 discothèque typeface. b) Tatiana smells good.

So let's stick with those facts, at least, and quit playing the perfume version of Rashomon.

Scent Elements: Orange blossom, bergamot, hyacinth, honeysuckle, jasmine, gardenia, narcissus, ylang-ylang, rose, tuberose, sandalwood, amber, musk.