A Sunday sort of scent.

I must be on a kick. After wearing Kouros last weekend, I felt the urge to pull Yves Saint Laurent's La Nuit de l'Homme out of storage and wear it after a long hiatus. Once again, all of my reasons for liking this beautiful, low-key fougère have come to the fore. Within that stern-looking bottle, so many lovely surprises are concealed: a luxurious, soapy smoothness, like lather slipping over wet hot skin; savory hints of lavender and fresh-brewed coffee; a moist, glistening quality like pollen within the heart of a day lily. In its soft-spoken way, it projects a tranquility and sense of firm purpose that has always and will forever suggest Sunday morning to me.  And while I have far too many errands to waste time lounging around, La Nuit de l'Homme gives me a taste of the comfort and ease which await me at the end of all my labors.