Chloé Narcisse Parfum (Chloé)

A babe-in-the-woods when it comes to Chloé Narcisse, I went off in search of clues and found a welter of warnings instead. The author of the Fragrantica page devoted to this turbo-charged fruity floral cautions us to "be careful about the amount you use" as it is "very intense". (Would you expect any less from a relative of Chloé?) Shaped by troubles suffered during wear, the tale of woe told by Gaia the Non-Blonde is necessarily biased; I for one don't blame her for being a hostile witness. But a baggage-free newcomer such as myself should have no qualms, right? Right?

I normally wouldn't use the words "blast radius" in a perfume review, but man, they were not kidding when they told us to go light. Barely a trace of perfume made it onto my wrist, and I'm completely intimidated by the strength, the volume, the height and weight and breadth of this thing. It places me at Ground Zero of some kind of sensory apocalypse painted in the loud catwalk colors of the Nineties: shocking pink, candy-apple red, neon green and yellow, ultramarine blue. Against this backdrop, Chloé Narcisse's molecules are supersized, towering over me in golden, leggy, blank-faced splendor like a platoon of über-femme Dr. Manhattans. They can see me from space. There's nowhere to hide.

Do I struggle? Do I run? Of course not. I will take the advice of explorers before me and apply sparingly... but other than that, what can I tell you? Earth girls are easy.

Scent Elements: Peach, pineapple, orange blossom, daffodil, violet, gardenia, carnation, jasmine, rose, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, musk