Lagerfeld Classic Vintage Eau de Toilette (Karl Lagerfeld)

Lagerfeld Classic (1978) belongs to the same League of Extraordinary Gentleman as Habit Rouge, Pierre Cardin, and de Nicolaï New York-- a hazy, soft floral dosed with aromatic herbs, all presented under a hopeful citrus sunrise. It is so easy to wear, so accommodating and optimistic, I sense that if I keep wearing it I might find the memory of Oktoberfail completely scrubbed from my memory. O sweet amnesia!

Now, I'm aware that I'm supposed to prefer natural niche over mainstream designer. But after my recent tribulations, gentle treatment feels like more than just luxury. It feels, quite bluntly, like a right. Shouldn't I be able to relax into a fragrance without fearing a potential sensory ambush? If so, Lagerfeld Classic is my square one, the first step back to health and sanity.

Scent Elements: Aldehydes, bergamot, sweet orange, tarragon, nutmeg, jasmine, iris, rose, sandalwood, cedar, patchouli, tobacco, amber, musk, tonka bean, vanilla