Frankincense & Myrrh (Kuumba Made)

Threading its way through the news, the tail end of a new trend waits to be taken in hand-- or on wrist. Long dismissed as hippie fare, perfume oils are now being touted as the next Must-Have, with Le Labo, Tom Ford, Malin & Goetz, Byredo, and Elizabeth & James all vying to win big at the fragrance counter. But why go there? Chances are, your local health food store offers a tidy selection of perfume oils at a fraction of niche cost.

Right now, I'm wearing KM Frankincense & Myrrh, a trustworthy incense oil with a zingy touch of cedar in the mix. Though I paid only ten dollars for this 1/8 ounce rollerball, I feel as satisfied wearing it as I might if I paid three and a half times that amount for Nirvana Black huile parfumée. Plus, since when does Sephora offer kombucha and baked-tofu pita pockets to go?

Scent Elements: Frankincense, myrrh, woods